Sugar? Yes, please!
Honey and Oat Bread
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. uncooked oatmeal
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3 c. white bread flour
- Put the ingredients in the pan of your bread maker. Follow the order recommended by the manufacturer (wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients, and lastly, the yeast).
- Select the Basic / White cycle and start the machine.
- Remove the bread, let it cool for at least half an hour, slice it into eight pieces, and serve with black coffee.
Cranberry and Oat Bread
- 1 3/4 tsps. active dry yeast
- 1 6-oz. package of dried cranberries
- 1 c. water (70 degrees to 80 degrees)
- 1 tbsp. softened butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c. rolled oats
- 2 1/2 c. bread flour
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Add all the ingredients in the pan of the bread maker. Follow the order suggested by your manufacturer.
- Choose Basic Bread and press Start.
- Remove the bread and enjoy with coffee.
Portuguese Sweet Bread
- 1 c. milk (skim milk, whole milk, or half and half)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps. active dry yeast
- 2 tbsps. margarine
- 3 c. bread flour
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- Just like before, place all the ingredients in your bread machine pan.
- Select the Sweet Bread setting and start the maker.
- Wait for the cycle to finish.
- Remove the bread, give it time to cool, cut it, and experience its Portuguese goodness!